Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Project Proposal



Our visit to Jerry Uelsmann's exhibition and being able to see his seamless memory collage works inspired my brainstorming for the collage series. I want to use the collage series to visually document the layers of consciousness of the human mind, and depict the different levels of cognitive awareness, but maybe in a subtle way. I also thought about visually mapping the uncharted territory between the conscious and the unconscious. Nature, being the core source of energy, would have a prevalent presence in my series, I'm just not sure how yet - open to any suggestions willing to be given. I was inspired by the work of artist Alex Grey as well.



I was thinking of using this photo as the base for the collage to exemplify its roots in nature.


~ Ashling Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment