Thursday, September 8, 2011

Project Proposal

My project is going to be about breast cancer and the significance of support. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer about six months after it took the lives of her mother and sister. Throughout her surgery and chemo therapy treatments my mom received little support from the my family. It hurt me to see that people could be so careless as my mom got incredibly sick from the poison that was injected into her body after surgery. She rarely received calls or a "How are you doing." Besides my brother, father, and I she had no one. Being a cancer patient is extremely emotional and I don't know how shes done what shes done. I want to collage breast cancer for my mom in hopes that people will open their eyes to the effect it has on lives.

1 comment:

  1. I love how personal this idea is. I think the fact that the subject matter is so close to you will only improve the quality of your work, and it's great that it's meaningful to you. If you weren't already planning on it, I would suggest showing both the hopeful and the negative perspectives of cancer. I think this is going to be really powerful.

    ReplyDelete