Tuesday, September 6, 2011

extra credit + extra video watching

this was the original background image including the shadow:

this is the image of a tshirt:

this is the image of the man at the beach:


this is my final image


First, I watched the Photoshop CS5 Top 5-
The first video in this section is the "Common Sense Enhancements", I watched these to alter a picture that orignially had a shadow in it...
- In order to remove the shadow I used the the rectangular marquee tool to create a box around it, and then pressed the delete button. A box then comes up with a "content aware" option, if you click ok, then photoshop will apply the background around the shadow to the place where the shadow was and it will dissapear.
-I then used the magnetic lasso tool to cut and paste an image of a man using a metal detector that I took at the beach onto the first image three times.
-Then, using the layers menu on the right side of the screen, I changed the opacity in each of the layers so it looks like the man is gradually appearing.
-I then put in a a text box a phrase saying "what are you looking for?", then, I used the rectangle tool to draw a box around it, and then on the right hand side on the layers menu, moved this layer with the text and box to #1.
-then, i reduced the fill opacity on the text box to 0% so that i could see the text in the box.
-then, i clicked on the gray box in the layer menu to turn off the vector mask.
-then, i went down to the bottom of the layer menu, and pressed the red fx button, and went to the "stroke" menu.
-I then played with effects on the stroke menu, to create a cool-loking box around the text.
-I then selected an image from an obey t-shirt i have to using the magnetic lasso tool and copy paste. I went to the menu bar at the top of the screen and chose layer, arrange, send to back to put it behind my words. I also chose to emboss and engrave it on the fx menu, but you can't really tell.

1 comment:

  1. Katie,

    Very...Creative! I love the imaginative approach you incorporated into the photograph. When first looking at the final photo I wondered how you removed the shadow from the sunflower photo.. Thanks for an amazing step by step instruction of how you created this work. I now know that "In order to remove the shadow I used the the rectangular marquee tool to create a box around it, and then pressed the delete button. A box then comes up with a "content aware" option, if you click ok, then photoshop will apply the background around the shadow to the place where the shadow was and it will dissapear." Great job on the piece. The only suggestion would be to make the text "what are you searching for" more visible! :)

    ReplyDelete