Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Project Progress

My general direction has been focused on signs of connections between people, communicated through body language. After playing around with some magazine scans, I've narrowed it down to using silhouettes in each image. I'm trying not to focus on faces so much as bodies, because it gives the idea a more universal feel.


This is the first of the three. It's a work in progress, still needs some fine tuning, but I'm definitely sticking with this style. The next image is going to focus on a negative interaction.

5 comments:

  1. I love love love this! at first I didnt see the figures of the people. I thought the main focus was the hands. Its beautiful. Im also using faded shadow black and whites in my project. The dim words in the background are also very sweet. like a loveletter. or memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw this is Caroline Duran...and i havent a clue in the world...why my name is hotassangel....im gunna have to work on changing tht..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really amazing! My first focus was on the fingers not realizing the two people. Great work in blending the two! What exactly are the hands doing? it's hard to pinpoint... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much to both of you! :) Haha it's actually people holding hands, I just like the soft look they have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really really love your use of silhouettes! the softness of the hands and the use of black and white also gives it a really classic feel... awesome job!

    ReplyDelete