Thursday, September 15, 2011

Progress



For my first image, of a series documenting levels of consciousness, I wanted to start at our origin - nature. I started with a photograph of trees and sunlight, scanned an intricate leaf I picked out from near the Reitz, and experimented from there. It has about 6 layers at this point, and through this process I'm learning more and more about the essentials of CS5 through trial and error. I overlapped a leaf in one layer to emphasize the veins in the leaf as branches and veins of energy in nature.



What do you guys think? Any suggestions, critique, pointers for what to do next? I'm trying to connect energy levels, the mind, and nature in a tangible format - I'm open to any suggestions please. Thanks :)

1 comment:

  1. I really like the way you made the texture of the leaf stand out but you can still see the trees in the background. I also like how you feel like your looking up to the trees and the sky. I think it was a really good idea to make the image of the leaves form into a tree and you really have to take a closer look which I love. I think you did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete